Monday, November 7, 2011

Handmade for you with love

I made this layout about a week ago, but have been slow to get it posted here--- sometimes the craziness of life just takes over! This layout tells the story of a handmade quilt that my daughter received and has really, really loved. She has amazed us with her avid and ongoing interest in the quilt's details like the stitching, the texture, and the colors.  For that reason, I wanted to create a colorful, textured layout to remember this quilt, even if I thought the page might be a bit visually overwhelming.  :)  It was also a great way to use up some leftover papers and letter stickers from other projects.


Although it's perhaps a bit difficult to see in the photo, I added texture to the quilt squares by running my paper through my Cuttlebug with a mini Sizzix embossing plate that looked like small stitched squares. I then traced over the raised parts of the paper with a white Signo pen to highlight the "stitching" effect. 


The papers used on the layout were all leftovers from other pages, so they're a mix of BasicGrey, Doodlebug, K & Co., and others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment