Monday, October 24, 2011

Blue Eyes-- BasicGrey Sketch challenge

BasicGrey's new blog is seriously rocking my world.  New sketches every week along with samples from their design team, challenges-- with prizes!, and tons of inspiration. I played along with their most recent challenge, which was to create a scrapbook page based on the following sketch:

And here's my completed version, which documents my daughter's 10-month stint as a blue-eyed baby before her dad's brown-eyed gene kicked in.  :) 

I used this as an opportunity to use some of the scraps I had on hand from previous projects and to integrate them with some new products.  This layout uses all BasicGrey papers, but they are taken from several lines-- one of my favorite ways to scrap!  This layout combines elements from Pheobe, Indie Bloom, Urban Prairie, and Scarlet's Letter, as well as some letters from the Oxford collection, which I recolored with a Copic marker to fit the colors of the layout.  


I loved the shape of some of the tags from the Lauderdale collection, but the colors were not a match for this project, so I traced the shape from those tags onto papers I was using for this layout (the brown flower-like elements), and added some white Signo pen to help them stand out. It was fun to challenge myself to use up some of my older items (the BasicGrey opaline pearls are years old, as are the Pheobe papers), and I love how a given manufacturer's lines can work so well together, even across time.

1 comment: