Saturday, October 22, 2011

And so it begins...

The October challenge at My Mind's Eye is to use the following sketch as well as a "fall" theme to create a layout.

I had tons of photos from a fall outing with my daughter and so I decided to modify the layout sketch slightly so that I could include more than three photos, so here's what I came up with:

I had so much fun playing with MME papers from several collections and trying to meld them together into a cohesive whole.  This layout uses elements from My Mind's Eye collections Alphabet Soup, Fine and Dandy, Stella and Rose, and Lime Twist.  
All of the papers, chipboard, and stickers on this layout are from My Mind's Eye, but I modified some from their original form to fit the layout. I love making products work for me! For example, I loved the fun blue border on the paper from the Stella and Rose collection, but it wasn't the shape I wanted and the inside pattern didn't fit with the layout. So, I cut apart the 12 x 12 scalloped blue border paper, pieced it together to form a rectangle, and covered the inner section with a scrap of yellow MME paper.  Problem solved! :) I also covered the orange scallop chipboard piece with blue MME paper to create a journaling spot and cut some of their letter stickers into smaller sizes for the word "fall" in the title.  Some detail photos follow:





Other products used include Distress Ink in Wild Honey to color the torn edges of the wood paper as well as a Hero Arts branch stamp to house the little chipboard owl. I popped up some of the stars on the right border with pop dots for dimension.

1 comment: